Friday, September 12, 2014

There Goes the Neighborhood.

My name is Inteus, chieftain of my village of the Choctaw tribe. The people of my village have lived in this land long ago. We are a strong people, great warriors. One day, Cherokee tribe comes to my village. They say men of white skin, come to our land and cut down trees, take our land. Cherokee chieftain asks for other tribes to help drive off the white men. These white men come from other land to take our lands. Many men from my tribe go to fight the white men.
White men strong, come with weapons of fire, many great warriors join the great spirits. Great warriors were we but white men too strong for the Choctaw Warriors. The great spirits of the land have been disturbed. If white men take our lands there will be no more land.
More white men come to our lands. They come to our villages and take our lands and my tribe must head west to make village again. White men trade with other tribes for fur to have strange items. White men also come to bring us their god. White men say their god gives them our land and the animals because white men deserve it all. My people die so white men can live on our land. I will unite the tribes to drive away white men and reclaim land from them and their god.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting story. Interesting story and plot especially at the end. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is alright but it seems that time is skipped very far ahead. It seems as if the tribes were instantly defeated and forced to move west. How do the natives of the island communicate with the white men when they have entirely different languages and were likely unwilling to learn each other's language?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if my story line was unclear. It was a time block based story that was meant to show critical time blocks. I guess I could have made that more clear and made transition better.

    ReplyDelete